1. The super moon.
2. The Nollywood portrait exhibition at Columbia College's Museum of Contemporary Photography.
3. Beautiful, atypical Chicago weather.
4. The lunch special at Thai Spoon.
5. The Norman Lewis painting exhibition at the Chicago Cultural Center.
6. Michelle Dockery in Good Behavior (because where else will you see Lady Mary toting a stainless steel shotgun, grifting with glee, and smoking meth from a hand-fashioned pipe?)
7. Jo Malone's new fall fragrance, Basil and Neroli.
8. Being immersed in Diana Thater's hypnotic animal world at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
9. Going behind the scenes at Susanin's Auction House.
10. Discovering Open Books, a non-profit bookstore promoting literacy.
11. Being tempted to visit Los Angeles (finally) by the lovely portrait food critic Jonathan Gold paints in City of Gold.
12. Being reminded of the delight that is Buenos Aires, one of my favorite cities, in the moving documentary Our Last Tango.
13. Thinking about going to see Morrissey on the 27th.
14. Ha Jin's The Boat Rocker.